Wednesday 29 January 2014

Kitchen disasters

These are some of the (most) embarrassing stories of my culinary adventures so far... 
1) Rice Pudding: 
My brother is a far pickier eater than I am.
However, I always find that if he cooks something himself he is more willing to try it and discover he actually quite likes it.I have never liked rice pudding, so I thought that perhaps if I cooked it myself then it may become magically more palatable...
It didn't work!
This in itself would not have been such a problem, but the recipe I own for rice pudding comes from a Amish cook book (funny christmas present- long story!) which forgot to say that the recipe makes enough rice pudding to feed the entire community. 
So I had to eat it... Lots of it...
2) Omelettes:
I just don't understand!
They always end up being scrambled eggs!
So depressing!
3) Beetroot soup:
 Tesco had an offer on beetroot so I bought loads of it. After a few days of eating beetroot and only beetroot I got pretty sick of it. I found a recipe on the internet for beetroot soup and I figured this would use the rest of it up. Of course I didn't have time to roast tomatoes and onions and sieve them or whatever so I just kinda boiled the beetroot in a can of chopped tomatoes...
It was horrific!
Eurgh... I can still taste it after much teeth brushing!

No comments:

Post a Comment